I hear the voice of my 60-something father saying, "Who cares what Jeff thinks?" in reference to a friends' blog titled "What Jeff Thinks". It makes me wonder. Who DOES care? Who are these blog readers, and why are they reading?
I've come up with two reasons.
First, I read blogs to learn more about my interests. The blogs I read are primarily blogs about scrapbooking and photography. Sometimes, I'll pick up ideas for a project. Today, I got one of those ideas. Here it is. I will document 2009 by committing to take one picture a day. Rather than put these pictures in a scrapbook, I'll post them in blog form. I've found a number of people online who have done this. Some have been successful, others have crashed and burned. We'll see how long I can keep this going!
The second reason for reading a blog? To keep in touch with friends and family. My friend Jeff's blog? He's the husband of my college roommate, Maura. I get to hear what they're up to. It makes me feel like I'm "in the loop" even though we might not talk for a while.
So, that's the main reason I've started this blog. To keep in touch with family and friends, while practicing this little photography hobby of mine. That, and the fact that my kids seem to think I have just as much to share as these "celebrity" scrappers. Time will tell!


Kim - I like the look of your new blog! I don't get, however, what your dad meant by "who cares what Jeff thinks?"
ReplyDeleteHi Jeff...thanks for the comment. I'm not sure about dad's remark. I've never asked, but I'll bet he's not one for the Opinion page, either. Don't take it personally! There are plenty of people who want to hear "What Jeff Thinks". And I'm sure you'll get a new wave of readers coming over from Kosmatka365! Thanks for checking this out. I'll try and post some sports chatter now and then to keep you coming back! If you have any suggestions, let me know!
ReplyDeleteO.M.G. Kim...I was afraid of this...has the giant vortex of technology sucked you in? I know you have been teetering on the brink for sometime now. Will we ever see you again??? I hope so!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I like the "picture a day" idea, hmmmmmmm
I thought maybe he wasn't into the latest Sasquatch updates.......but that is impossible.
ReplyDeleteBecky Higgins offered a "Project365" kit through CKMedia(I think?).
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it sold out. CZ & SJ mentioned it on their sites. Anyway, I liked the idea so much, I thought I could make it work in blog form. If it turns into a page (or scrapbook) later, so be it! Maybe I'll see you next week? Do we need to get the sale going? (I hate to even go there).
I, personally, LOVE the Sasquatch updates.
ReplyDelete