Anyway, I told the boys that I would LOVE to have portable pasta on the menu of a drive-thru restaurant. I'm sick of the same old burgers and chicken nuggets. I told the boys my concept...pasta INSIDE a breadstick.
So today, I made it happen. (I know, this is so unlike me, I'm a baker, not a chef!) I cooked the pasta, and put a scoop of it on each of three different pieces of Pillsbury pizza dough. One scoop was plain pasta, one had light sauce, and one had heavier sauce and mozzarella cheese. I folded the bread dough over each so they looked like little calzones, then spread the outside of the dough with butter and garlic powder.
My sauce test proved they ALL hold up, no matter how wet the pasta AND the pasta stays like pasta. It doesn't dry out. The "bread" part was cooked through and tasty.
Paul questions why anyone would want a carb IN their carb. My argument is this...that's what we eat! We always have pasta with garlic bread. This is the same, just a little bit different. And did I say it was good? I think I did. Well, Mason, who hasn't had pasta with sauce since he was about 3 years old decided to try it. And he liked it! So it's Kid-Friendly!
Pillsbury Bake-Off, here we come! Ha-Ha!


Wow. Wonder if you can do that in a crock pot?
ReplyDeleteOh, now THERE'S an idea!
ReplyDelete