Saturday, January 10, 2009

Direct from the Inaugural Committee

A giant envelope arrived in the mail for me this morning.  No.  It can't be.  But it was.  An invitation to the Inauguration! The second enclosure, the one I didn't picture,  says, "This commemorative invitation invites your presence at any of the public events in what will be the most open and accessible Inauguration in American history." Alright, so it's not REALLY an invitation. I'm sure millions of people received these in their mailboxes today. But it made me feel special. It acknowledged the fact that I participated in this election. I helped, in a small way, get this man into the White House. But this, again, shows me more about Barack Obama and "his people". He dots his i's and crosses his t's.  No detail is left undone. He thanks "the little people". And I can't wait to see what he does when he's in office.

2 comments:

  1. And I thought I was special when I opened my invitation...

    Well, at least I have my Christmas card from Barack (you didn't get that too, did you?) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harumph! I didn't get a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete