Wednesday, January 14, 2009

His Middle Name is Marley

In the past couple of days, Simon has earned the name Simon Marley. He has dumped over a cup of coffee, eaten three doughnuts, a pop tart, and several dryer sheets. He's rolled around in a pile of clean laundry. Sunday night, Paul & I found a six inch chunk of drywall on the floor in the kitchen. We're still not sure where it came from, but we're sure he put it there. Monday night, when it was 20-below, Simon ran away. It was only for about 5 minutes, but he's never done that before. He came bounding back at full speed right down the middle of our road. He seemed so happy to be running free! 
I think I've got him figured out. It's "Cabin Fever". Just like people, he's tired of being cooped up inside. We haven't been playing ball outside because it's been so cold, but this morning, I surprised him and brought out the ball. He played catch for about fifteen minutes. Maybe too much for the weather, but he didn't seem to mind. He had a blast. When we came in, he parked himself under the dining table for a little rest. Now maybe he'll lay off the doughnuts.

2 comments:

  1. Marley, schmarley...that's nothing! Lily has him beat, paws down. She can eat a whole batch of cookies out of a sealed container on the counter without leaving a crumb and manage to close the thing so nobody's wise to her...the only thing she can't control is Rosie, the snitch. Maybe you need to get Simon on the treadmill just like Ceasar, the Dog Whisperer does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking what you said was true - and this proves it!

    ReplyDelete