Friday, July 24, 2009

New Lens Works Great!

I bought a new lens for my camera for my birthday. It arrived yesterday so today I spent some time taking shots of the boys this morning. I ended up using the shot of Calvin (above) for my weekly assignment in my photography class. It's supposed to look blurry in the background to draw attention to his face. I like the shot because it's rare to capture his "hint of a smile" look.
And I just really like this shot of Mason. I think it shows his personality quite nicely!

2 comments:

  1. What lens is this? Looks good. you must be learning about bokeh. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50mm f/1.8
    Actually, I'm not even sure how I would say what it is. Is that right?
    Here's the link to it.

    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-50mm-Alpha-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0029U0X24

    We're studying Aperture Priority. Next week, we go all manual (which I've never done). I'm not sure why, but I prefer the more hex shaped bokeh I got from my kit lens (on macro). I know there's debate over the preferred look. I'm sure my thoughts will change as I learn more!

    ReplyDelete