Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Soda Pops


It's been raining at the cabin for the last three days, so today I took Calvin & Mason to Eagle River, Wisconsin for lunch and a little shopping. Soda Pops is the kind of restaurant you hope to find in a small town. It's got great food, and a great atmosphere. In fact, it won a Wisconsin Mainstreet award for "Best Interior Renovation".

 As you can guess with a name like Soda Pops, there are lots of different sodas on the menu. Check out the full list here. The boys would like you to try and guess who had which drink shown above.

For fun, I'll throw in a couple of tidbits from our two and a half days here. On the way in to the cabin Sunday night, we had a flat tire. We were about a half a mile from the cabin, so the boys and I walked to the cabin (in a cloud of bugs) while Paul changed the tire (in another cloud of bugs). That night, we had a bat in the cabin. Most of you know how much I LOVE bats. Paul came to the rescue, and ushered the thing outside within 30 minutes. Today, while in Eagle River, Paul managed to call me from his cell phone (that in itself is a miracle) to tell me he was lost. He wanted to give me his GPS coordinates in case he couldn't find his way back to the truck, that way we'd know where to start looking for him. Paul never admits he's lost, so you can imagine I was quite concerned, but he made it back to the truck, and back to the cabin, before we returned from Eagle River. I'd say we've had enough adventures for this trip, but we have five more days here! As always, I'll keep you posted as the days progress.


2 comments:

  1. OK, I'll play the match the soda game...
    I'm going with you having the grapefruit, Mason the root beer, and Cal the black cherry. Just a hunch.
    That list is incredible...my boys would love it! (me too...so which soda do you think I would get?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin - Root Beer from Hawaii
    Kim - Black Cherry from Monroe, WI
    Mason - Lemon-Lime from Green River

    ReplyDelete