Thursday, June 25, 2009

The New Scenic Cafe

*as always, click the photos for a better view*
I know. The building doesn't look like much on the outside, does it? But this little restaurant is beyond fabulous. It's a local favorite, located along Minnesota's north shore, about 20 minutes from Duluth.
The gardens outside the New Scenic Cafe are gorgeous. This spot is a perfect place for having a glass of wine or a beer and enjoying the view of the lake, just across Scenic Highway 61.
Cuttings from the gardens are used as table decorations inside.
The food was so good, I forgot to take photos. You'll have to check out the website for pictures of a few of the dishes. Tonight, Paul had the special entree of the night, Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon with Ravioli and Chanterelle Mushrooms. (He also had TWO appetizers, Tuna Tacos and an Heirloom Tomato Salad). I had the Bistro Filet, which was crusted in lavender and thyme, with new potatoes and a port reduction sauce. Dessert? Oh yeah, Paul had Blueberry Rhubarb Pie, and I had the Chocolate Espresso Cake.
Here's a shot of Brighton Beach. We stopped here on our way back to town. A nice way to celebrate our anniversary (which was 6-23 for those of you keeping score)!

No comments:

Post a Comment