Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bowling Day

Yippee! To celebrate tomorrow being the end of the school year, the third graders spent part of the day at the bowling center (I know better than to call it an alley - I've lived in Wisconsin)! 
I had lots to deal with in shooting today: movement, low light, and a point and shoot camera. These photos were the best of the bunch. I refuse to use flash in this type of situation, so I guess I need to read more about how to handle it, but I think the first step would be to bring the better camera. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Why can't you call it a bowling alley? this is news to me - have I been offending everyone all these years?
    Also, I saw a comedian the other day who was talking about a gig he did in Wisconsin and said he learned all about a deer whistle? Something you put on the front of your car to scare away deer - was that part of the joke? I've lived in this state ALMOST my entire life and I've never even HEARD of that. Maybe I should scoot the rock I'm living under to the side and let some of this in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a big campaign in the early 90's to call them all bowling CENTERS, because bowling ALLEY has a negative connotation. I remember the discussion being huge in Wisconsin, but I think it was a nationwide campaign.
    Most places now call themselves either LANES or CENTERS.
    As for the deer whistle...I hear they don't work.
    But I don't have one and have never tested one.

    ReplyDelete