Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sightseeing Cruise

If you visit Duluth during the summer months, a Vista Fleet cruise ought to be on your agenda. I've lived here for four years, and today was the first time I took the 90-minute sightseeing tour of the harbor. Not only do you get a great view of the city, but you get a "behind the scenes" tour of what goes on once the ships enter our port. We saw ships up close, grain elevators, and giant wind turbines that were just brought in earlier this week. 



The best part of my tour, though, was spending time with my lifelong friend, Kim, and her kids Bennett and Sophia. It's so nice catching up with friends (Kim & I have known each other since first grade).
I let photographer Bennett take the last shot. That's me on the left. Kim D. (formerly known as Kim B.) on the right.

2 comments:

  1. Great shots!! Good to see you two together, did you do any gymnastics (back walk overs)? Another great shoulder to shoulder shot of you two - great job Bennett! SLO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we forget to be tourists in our own cities. It's nice to take time to discover the many things to see.

    ReplyDelete