Friday, March 20, 2009

March Madness

I played high school basketball. OK, I spent most of my time on the bench, but I was a part of the team.  Every year since 1982, I have filled out a bracket for the NCAA Tournament. I used to LOVE doing this, because I actually followed college basketball. I knew which teams were good, and which ones were not.  As the years have gone on, I have lost interest in the games leading up to the tournament and really have NO IDEA who might be a contender. Yet "The Big Dance" itself still holds that excitement and I still fill out that bracket. I have been lucky enough to win the pool among some pretty tough competition. The mens' team at UWEC had a big pool every year and I won it once, I've also beat out the staff and sports departments at both WEAU and WMTV (one year each location). When we lived in New York for a year, I won the pool at the hospital where Paul worked.  I also won his pool when we lived in St. Cloud. I never won the pool in Marshfield. I'm not sure what happened there. But the reason for my posting is this, right now, I am in the lead again. I entered the pool at Paul's place of employment...and I am in the top spot. It's early, I probably won't win, I know nothing about this years' teams...but I had to post. It makes me laugh that I can even be a contender, when I'm still a fan of Phi Slama Jama.
In case you're wondering, I picked North Carolina to beat Louisville in the final game.
I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment