Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yesterday Afternoon

Sorry to leave you hanging yesterday...we had a very busy afternoon and evening. After our Sprecher tour, we went to the home of Daryl Stuermer. Daryl is an incredible guitar/bass player, and in fact, plays with Phil Collins and Genesis when he's not making terrific sounds on his own. He happens to be good friend of Paul's Uncle Jim, which is how we hooked up. (thanks Uncle Jim!) We spent about an hour there, seeing his home studio and guitars plus we listened to him play songs from his latest album. What great fun for Calvin to hook up with one of the best players in the world!
After that, Calvin and I were off to the Progressive Nation 2009 concert. I thought I'd be one of the oldest people there, but no, the age range (seriously) was about eight to eighty (I'm not kidding, there was a guy there who had to be 80-I think he took out his hearing aids, though).
I loved being able to take Calvin to the show, but I was definitely out of my element!
Cal's favorite song to play is Dream Theater's A Rite of Passage. It was the second song they played, but he wouldn't let me leave the concert until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment