
Today's title is a direct quote from Calvin. You see, today was Calvin's 13th birthday. He's been planning the agenda for this day for months. He knew we'd be in Madison, and had planned out his breakfast, lunch, and dinner, along with a few stops at music and guitar stores. But he didn't plan on stopping at the
Mount Horeb Mustard Museum and wasn't planning on buying mustard out of a vending machine (the only place in the world where you can do that)! I was hoping this stop wouldn't be too disappointing for him.

Turns out, he loved it! We haven't been to the museum since we lived in Madison in the mid 1990's...and boy has this place changed! There are more than five thousand varieties of mustard from all over the world, and many of them are available to sample. I think Paul bought six or seven varieties today, and Calvin got a shirt from "Poupon U". What is better than that when you're 13?

How about stalagmites and stalactites?
We also visited Cave of the Mounds...just down the road from the Mustard Museum. It's an amazing place, this picture just doesn't do it justice. Click
here for more information on our tour.

Finally, dinner at PF Changs, with The Great Wall of Chocolate for dessert. It's a six layer slab of chocolate cake. Cal finished about 2/3 of it on his own.
Yes, today was a good day. Happy Birthday Calvin! We love you!
Sounds like a great day - and I love your series of photos.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like the best birthday EVER!!!! Calvin, you are officially my party planner for my next birthday. I can't believe we went through Madison and I missed out on a "Poupon U" t-shirt. Hands down, you will be the most beloved 8th grader at Marshall School. Way to secure his social status, Mom & Dad!
ReplyDelete