Saturday, December 19, 2009

Grandma's Sugar Cookies

My mom recently found a sugar cookie recipe handwritten in the margin of one of my Grandma O's old cookbooks. I decided to try it and mixed the dough last night. It was so sticky I was unable to roll it out. I didn't want to add too much more flour (eight cups used in the double batch!) so I let it sit overnight in the fridge hoping that would help. It didn't. I managed about three dozen slightly mangled cut-outs before I gave up and just rolled the dough into balls and pressed them down with my hands and a bumpy glass for texture. They taste OK, but I'm not sure this was my Grandma's go-to sugar cookie recipe. I'll have to ask my dad when he and my mom arrive for Christmas later this week!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good story to go along with a nice photo - I like the angle you photographed from.

    ReplyDelete