Sunday, December 13, 2009

Black Coffee Magic Cake

I've made this cake twice in two weeks. It is so good it doesn't require frosting. What's the magic? We're not really sure, but it might be the shape that appears on the top of the cake. When I made this at the cabin, I thought it was just a fluke...but it happened again tonight.
Really, you have to make this cake!

Black Coffee Magic Cake
1 3/4 c. flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
2 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 eggs
1 c. strong brewed black coffee (cooled)
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 t. vanilla

Combine top 6 dry ingredients. Add eggs, coffee, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.

2 comments: