Monday, April 13, 2009

Senior Scrapbook

Calvin's school has an annual fundraising dinner & auction. In each of the last two years, I have donated a custom-made "Senior Scrapbook", where the winner decides on a theme (senior year, K-12, The College Search, etc.), they provide me with photos, and I put together an album in time for the students' graduation party. It sounds like a great idea, right? But it hasn't really worked out that way.
The first year, the winner decided she'd like me to teach her how to scrapbook and she made her own album for her child. (Nice for her, but not the creative outlet I was hoping for. Still, it brought in $400 for the school!)
Last year, well, the high bidder hasn't given me anything yet, and her Senior graduates in June. (I'm hoping she's not planning on handing me a pile of photos at the end of May!)


This year, I'm doing a pre-made album in school colors. The winner will take home the album on auction night, and just insert their photos & add journaling in the spaces provided. It's difficult to do it this way since I don't know who it's for...but I'm hoping it's still something people will like, and they'll bid high! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have an awsome start - love the paper choices, bet it brings in a bundle! :-)

    ReplyDelete