Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He had me at "Beat Markers"

Let me tell you about my trip to Best Buy. I'm there every Tuesday for an hour while the boys have guitar lessons. Today I wandered over to the Mac area to look (again) at the latest software. I've had my Mac for almost a year now and I love what it can do, but I've heard the new software is amazing. I've looked at it, but today, I got the full demonstration from Justin, the Mac guy. WOW. I'll give you just one example. Last fall, I made a photo "movie" set to music (kind of like what I used to do in my old life). It was a blast, but it took several HOURS to set edit points to the music and get everything just how I wanted it to look. This new software? You put in your music, click one key to set "beat markers" where you want them within the song, import your photos, and you're done. You have a movie with photos exactly where you want them. How fast does it do it? Less than a minute. Un-be-liev-a-ble. I think there are a few bells and whistles here that will even improve the blog. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment