For the past year or so, Simon has had skin problems. At first we were told it was demodex mites. That entailed several rounds of what I called acid baths. I had to wear rubber gloves and open up the bathroom window to get proper ventilation. Even then, the smell was overpowering and would leave me dizzy.
Simon's skin issues persisted after those treatments, and the vets decided he must have some sort of allergy. We changed his food. That didn't help.
We've gotten to the point now where Simon is miserable. He's got giant scabs near his ears from all the scratching. He's lost nearly all the fur under his chin and neck and it's starting to get patchy on his snout and under the eyes. He's lost dime-sized patches of fur on his feet.
Last night I bought him a new shampoo and a fish oil additive for his food. He can't get in to see the vet again until tomorrow so we're hoping this morning's bath will help relieve the itch for another day.


No comments:
Post a Comment