Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

We were out errand-running today and arrived home to find our neighbors cleaning up their backyard. Paul and Calvin went over to chat, and before I knew it, they had the hammers out and were tearing down the fence between our yards. The fence has been there since we moved in. It was a little wobbly, the end section was missing, and there is a door for it leaning against the neighbors' garage. It either needed to come down, or it needed some upkeep. I'd always visualized my garden with tall flowers or even some clematis vines growing up the fence wall, but we like our neighbors (welcome, new blog reader neighbor Kay!), so this will be fine. I just need to change the visual in my head.

News Quiz: can you identify the speaker in the title quote?

2 comments: