Thursday, January 14, 2010

On the Ice

I'm working on my first "real" news article for the parent blog at Calvin's school. It will contain several interviews along with my photos. Up until now, I've only done short little paragraphs with photos.
Cal's school joined up with two other schools in the area so they would have enough girls to make up a hockey team. I'm profiling the three girls from our school who play on that team. Tonight I went to a practice and shot nearly 300 photos in one hour! Shooting hockey was a real learning experience for me. Of the 300, about 20 shots were worth putting aside for possible use in the article. The rest have been deleted, or set aside because they're good, but they don't have "our girls" in the photos. I'll look them over later to see what I might learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment