Photo: The subway train arrives at Haymarket in Boston
When we lived in New York City from 1997-98, I never rode the subway. For the most part, it was because Calvin was in a stroller and it wasn't easy to navigate the stairs down to the subway with a stroller. But there was another reason. I was chicken. I'd seen all the movies about bad guys in the subways...and if I didn't HAVE to ride the subway, why do it?
This past spring, while in New York, I rode the subway for the first time. And I lived to tell about it. So this trip, when Paul wanted to get subway passes on our first day I was OK with it.
Besides, it was REALLY hot in Boston, and I hate sweating. At any time. Riding the subway was a bit more comfortable then walking, it cost just $15 for a week of unlimited rides, and the boys love taking the subway. Done deal.
Photo: New England Aquarium ad in the subway tunnel
There was one ad campaign that kept us entertained while waiting for the trains. It's apparently a new campaign for the aquarium. Each ad highlights one of the 80 penguins at the facility. I didn't really get it at first. But once you see a few of the ads, it hits you just how clever they are. So clever that I googled it last night to find more about it. This link will take you to a few of the ads so you can see them for yourself. They kind of make me wish I had gone into advertising.


No comments:
Post a Comment