Saturday, July 24, 2010

Back from Boston

For the few of you who still log on to Kosmatka365, I thought I would share a few pictures from this past week. We just returned from a trip to Boston. Calvin participated in a week-long music camp at Berklee College of Music, and we decided to make a family vacation out of it. The above photo was taken at about 7:45am yesterday, his last day of camp (the bump on his head is actually his guitar case he's carrying on his back...weird perspective on the photo, I know). Yes, camp started at 8am every day, and yes, the alarm for mom did go off at 6:30am every day. Some vacation!
While Calvin went to camp during the day, the rest of us enjoyed our time exploring Boston. One of the highlights was this boat trip out to the Harbor Islands. I never realized how many islands are off the coast, but sure enough, take a look at a map and there they are!
We visited George's Island for a couple of hours. The smell of the salty air was incredible, and the water was so blue I felt like I was in the Bahamas! Above is one of my favorite shots of Mason, soaking up the sun on the dock while we waited for the boat to bring us back to the mainland.
Here is a shot of Calvin, on stage during the final performance Friday. Cal had a fabulous time, and met lots of people from all over the world. Other campers were from Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and even New Jersey! (ha ha)
I'll post a few more photos from the trip later in the week (tomorrow?). In the meantime, thanks to all my friends and family who remembered my birthday this past week! Yes, I did have some cake, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment