The blog is active again. I've been surprised how easy it has been to just let it go. But I think I'd like to get it going again. I'll try and post more frequently, but no guarantees about every day, OK? I took this shot today after receiving a phone call from Calvin. He was at the nearby University campus, taking part in a regional math competition. There were about 75 kids there, and he came in first place! He wanted to know how fast I could get there to take pictures (for his school, too - his team came in second!). I was there within 10 minutes. Cal walked away with three trophies, the one shown above, for first place as an individual, another for second place as a team, and another for his second place finish in the "countdown round". The top 8 finishers individually were bracketed for the countdown round. The girl who finished 6th individually, ended up in first place for the countdown round!
The top two individuals move on to the state competition, so Calvin will compete at the state level in March, both as an individual, and as part of his school team. Way to go, Cal!


Awesome Cal! Way to Go!! Sounds like State will be alot of fun...wish you well!! Grandpa and Grandma O
ReplyDeleteWOW!! That's outstanding! Keep up the great work Cal and good luck in March. Grandpa and Grandma K.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS, Calvin!!!!
ReplyDelete