Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ski Racer

Mason participated in his first race today at Spirit Mountain! He did one Giant Slalom course and the Slalom course (shown above). Mason joined the development racing team in December, but hasn't wanted to do any of the races (they are optional), just the practices. I didn't want to push him into it unless he felt ready. So today, he was ready. Me? Not so much. This was an all-new experience for me, because even though my brother was a high school ski racer, I never saw him race! Three kids were transported to area hospitals during this event, and I saw many other close calls. Mason managed to get down safely, and I spent the afternoon playing team photographer. (I took more than 600 photos of "our" racers.) We just might do this again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mason:
    You looked really good in the race pictures. Particularly for the first race. I know, it is a little scarry when you get in the starting gate the first time and are not quite sure what to expect. It does feel better after you do it a few times. I am really looking forward to skiing with you in the next few weeks.
    Grampa O

    ReplyDelete