Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not Sure What We're Dealing With Here

Mason woke up with a sore throat today. I was going to send him to school as that was his only symptom...but something about his color and manner made me keep him home. By noon his temp was up to 100, and now we're over that mark. The Tylenol helped, but this bug is definitely keeping him down. Is it the swine flu? I'm not sure. All I know, he's miserable --- he's bored, uncomfortable and wants his mom's company. Wish me luck! We'll be together all day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I can sympathize, with both you (being home w/ a sick child), and w/ Mason (feeling as crummy as he probably feels). Is there a lot of H1N1 up in Duluth now? or at Mason's school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schools claimed to have completed "round 1" of H1N1 a couple of weeks ago, and the attendance numbers went back to "normal" We're told this is the beginning of "round 2". Attendance numbers dropping again. Hoping he doesn't have H1N1 just because of its lingering nature. Could be strep, that was making the rounds last week too! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter (in her twenties) is just recovering - started with a sore throat and fever. It's a nasty bug. Good luck with your son.

    ReplyDelete