Monday, May 31, 2010

Welcome, Carol Hunter!

Remember my old "What is it?" blog posts? This might have been a good photo for that.

It's a yellow pond lily flower, shot at the cabin this weekend. These are a few of my favorite photos from our holiday weekend. I was prompted to post a few by my good friend Carol, who says she feels like a loser because she keeps checking back and I haven't updated the blog. (Does she know I check her non-updated blog, too? Does that make ME a loser?)

Anyway, the weather in the U-P was August-like. 90-degrees on both Saturday and Sunday. Our lake temperature was 76-degrees! Paul made his annual Memorial Day jump in the lake (I watched), and he said it felt like bath water! In May!
I was happy to find a few more ladyslippers near the dock this year. I'm hoping they'll stick around and continue to spread out each year.
And I found a few of these tiny orchids near the shore. One of my plant identifier books says it's called a Dragon's Tongue orchid. I've never noticed them on our bog before, but hope we get more next year! I lucked out and caught some sort of grasshopper in the shot, too! Can you see it?
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! I'll post again (probably with soccer shots...tournament season is coming soon!).

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Thank you for making my day! Looks like you had a fantastic time at your cabin - we spent the day Saturday on the boat and have paid for the fun dearly by getting sunburns! Your flower photos are beautiful. You should print out a few and make a collage on your wall - in a bathroom or hallway - they're just lovely.
    As always, you've come through for me... have a great day!
    Love - C

    ReplyDelete